Friday, January 8, 2010
9 Months Old!
I am 9 months old today! I have now spent more time in this great big world than in my mommy's tummy. I have been really busy these past 9 months, and am getting SO big! I am a very happy baby MOST of the time, and love smiling, laughing & dancing. BUT... I know what I want, and let everyone know when I don't get it!
I'm getting SO close to crawling, and even love rolling everywhere and scooting around backwards on my belly. I love standing up to play at my play table, but I'm not so sure about taking any steps yet. I love to "talk" just like my sister, but it mostly comes out in bursts of yelling, "ma-ma-ma" and "da-da-da". I think I need to learn sign language soon so I can let everyone know what I'm talking about!
Mommy and daddy are doing a great job helping me with my ezcema... I get lots of baths, they've gone through TUBS of Aquaphor, and mommy does a great job treating my flare-ups! I'm hardly ever itchy anymore, and my skin actually feels pretty soft! I'm still hoping to outgrow this soon, but in the meantime, keep up the good work mommy & daddy!
The biggest news is that last week I FINALLY figured out how to sleep without being swaddled! It was so nice being all wrapped up, but mommy said I was getting too big for my blanket, and it's even more fun now that I can roll around my crib! Except for the nights when my teeth are hurting (I have 2 already, and I think a few more are on the way), I sleep even better now... usually 10-12 hours at night, and take 2 good naps during the day!
Some of my favorite things these days are:
* Jumping in my johnny jumper
* Walking backwards in my walker
* Eating puffs (sweet potato are my favorites)
* Cuddling and giving great big "squeeze" hugs
* Putting everything in my mouth
* Playing with my sister and Cody
* Going shopping with mommy and sitting in the cart
* Reading (especially books like Pat the Bunny)
Some things I'm not really loving these days:
* Eating chunky foods (I only like the smooth stuff, and even then I'm very picky)
* Wearing bibs (I always try to pull them off)
* ANYTHING over my head (I don't like getting dressed, and I'm not very fond of peek-a-boo either)
I can't wait to see what the next few months bring... Crawling??? Cruising??? My first steps??? Eating more exciting solids??? More teeth??? Talking??? Learning sign language??? It's going to be a blast!
Posted by Abigail & Emily at 12:57 PM